Middle School Announcements
HOLDREGE MIDDLE SCHOOL
Wednesday, October 16th 2019
Lunch Today: Turkey & Gravy or Breaded Steak Fingers
Lunch Tomorrow: Spaghetti or Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Happy Birthday to: Tegan Weaver
365 Days of Wonder: Man can learn nothing unless he proceeds from the known to the unknown.
BULLY FREE ZONE TIP: Reach out to someone who is often bullied. Ask him or her to join you in a game or to sit by you at lunch.
*Duster Union at lunch today
* 7th grade volleyball check in will be this Thursday right after school in Mrs. Konen’s room
*All 7th grade girls interested in playing basketball there will be a meeting in Mrs. Heath’s room this Thursday right after school.
* All 7th & 8th graders are invited to attend the 8th Annual Optimist Halloween Dance on Friday, November 1st at the City Auditorium from 7:00-10:00 PM with $3.00 admission. Costumes are optional. There will be a contest and prizes for the top 3 costumes will be awarded. This dance is sponsored by the Holdrege Optimist Club and HMS parents. Bertrand and Loomis 7th & 8th graders are also invited to attend the dance. We are in need of parent sponsors, if your parent can sponsor the dance, please sign up on the wall going down the 7th & 8th grade hallway. If you would like to bring treats for the dance sign up on the sign provided with what you plan to bring, you will get in FREE if you bring treats, must you must be signed up. If you would like to help decorate, please sign up on the sheet provided. You will also get in FREE for decorating.
*All 8th grade girls interested playing basketball or being a manager, there will be a meeting this Thursday after school at 3:30 in Mr. Komenda’s room.
*The Scholastic Book Fair will be in the Media Center before and after school October 17-23: In addition, it will be open:
Tuesday, October 22, 4:00-8:00 pm during Parent/Teacher Conferences
Wednesday, October 23, 2:00 to 6:00 pm during P/T Conferences;
Here are some things you need to know about the book fair.
- Each item purchased will need to be stamped with our proof of purchase stamp. It is the student’s responsibility to help the person selling the books to remember to stamp each item.
- We will hold any item that you want to purchase by putting a sticky note with your name on the item. You will then have until the next morning by 8:00 am to pick up and pay for your item. If you decide not to purchase the item, we will put them back in the book fair stock again.
- If we run out of any item advertised in the flyer, it can be ordered if you pay for it in advance.
- Be sure to register one time for the entire fair, for the drawing for one of the posters that are on display. The winners will be drawn on Wednesday morning.
- Be sure to register every day for the book give away. Two books will be highlighted each morning on the intercom, and winners will be drawn at the end of each school day.