The mission of the Holdrege Public Schools is to prepare students to be lifelong learners and productive, responsible citizens by providing a quality education in cooperation with family and community.
STATEMENT OF PHILOSOPHY
The Holdrege Public Schools have been established by this community for the purpose of preparing students to assume their place as responsible, productive citizens in our community, state, nation, and world. To accomplish this, we must endeavor to provide experiences and opportunities for each individual to develop to their fullest potential. We must impart not only knowledge, but the thinking skills to put our knowledge to use. We are charged with assisting the student to acquire the skills, attitudes, appreciations, and insights which will help him or her to live effectively and productively in a challenging and changing world.
We believe . . .
- that everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- that we must demonstrate, encourage, and expect responsible behavior.
- that all students are individuals with unique talents and abilities.
- that all students should be given the opportunity for an appropriate education to help them reach their potential
- that we are committed to prepare our students for the future
- that schools should provide an inviting and stimulating environment for all
- that learning is a lifelong process with responsibility shared by the learner, school, home, and community