News Channel Nebraska and NSEA Offer Educational Programming
The NSEA has partnered with Lincoln Public Schools and News Channel Nebraska (with funding from the National Education Association) to offer 2 hours of elementary programming and 2 hours of secondary programming each weekday live across all NCN channels. The programming will later be made available On Demand online:
There are multiple ways to access this new educational programming.
· www.newschannelnebraska.com stream and app
· TV (cable, satellite, over the air *Over the air does not need internet, just a $10 antenna, which can be purchased in bulk.)
· NCN on Amazon Fire, Apple TV, and Roku
· Facebook Live broadcast via NCN
· The programs will also be available on-demand through www.nsea.org
These lessons will be presented by certified teachers across multiple subjects. This is not intended to replace what your district may be doing, but to supplement. All lessons will be based on our Nebraska State Standards.
This programming will begin on Monday, March 23. Grades K-6 content will be offered live from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and grades 7-12 content from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Teachers are working furiously to be ready for Monday. Going forward, we will be able to post a weekly content schedule.